Collegetown Bagels, Inc. is the corporate parent of all Brous & Mehaffey stores.
Current Job Opportunities at Collegetown Bagels
To apply on line click here
Applications are also available at any of our locations
For a PDF of our Application click here
Applications can be dropped off at any Collegetown Bagels location: Downtown, East Hill, or Collegetown
To see and apply for positions at the Ithaca Bakery click here
Applications submitted that include positions at both Collegetown Bagels and Ithaca Bakery will be forwarded to the appropriate location.
To maintain and advance our position in the marketplace as the leader in offering high-quality, unique and delicious food and beverages, and providing:
- Superior products that are fresh and consistent, using high-quality ingredients
- Excellence in service that will be personal and nurturing, seeking to impress the customer with each and every visit
- A workplace that is supportive, fair, respectful and fun with teamwork at and between all levels; where each employee is provided the opportunity to perform to his or her potential.
- We think of food as connected to nurturance. We want our customers to feel nurtured, to be â€śtaken care of,â€? as opposed to being tolerated. Each interaction with customers should be an invitationâ€”to themâ€”to enjoy our services, and to return again and again.
- Our jobs and wages depend on our success in communicating that invitation and following through with a quality product. The survival and success of our business depends on how well we do â€śtake careâ€? of customers, while working as a well-functioning team, with everyone on the team being important to our mission and survival. We don't want to rest on our reputation or to stop growing.
- We constantly seek ways to improve the quality of our food, our systems of food preparation and service, and the environment in which we work.
Collegetown Bagels, Inc. operates five different stores and consists of six main departments. They are: Retail, EntrĂ©e and Salad Production, Bread and Bagel Production, Pastry, Catering, and Maintenance/Janitorial.
A number of different positions and responsibilities exist in the retail areas of our five locations. A love of food and commitment to excellent service is essential for these positions.
EntrĂ©e and Salad Production
The kitchen commissary located in our Triphammer Marketplace location produces all of the entrees and salads for our five retail stores, in addition to producing food for all catering and special orders. Positions vary from food prep to management/chef responsibilities.
Bread and Bagel Production
All of the breads and bagels produced for all the retail stores originate at the Ithaca Bakery location. Bread and bagel bakers work through the night to produce traditional high-quality bagels and an extensive artisanal bread line.
The pastry department produces all of our breakfast pastries, cakes and other sweet treats for all our stores, in addition to all the whipped cream cheeses. Positions in the department range from prep positions to skilled chef responsibilities. Employees in this department have included highly trained artisans with degrees from Johnson and Wales and the Culinary Institute of America.
Our catering department is well known for providing exceptional food and service, whether at a Cornell function for 300 people or a casual barbecue for 20 in the backyard. Catering service workers are an essential part of catering success.
Wholesale Packing and Driving
All of our wholesale accounts in Ithaca and beyond depend on the wholesale department to deliver correct orders in a fast, friendly way. Our packers and drivers work together to make sure that all of our breads, bagels and pastries arrive at their destinations on time, seven days a week, 362 days a year.
When our stores are closed, the team moves in to clean each location and maintain a fresh, safe environment for our customers and staff. During the work day, janitorial staff clean dishes and utensils, keep the storefronts tidy, clear away trash and recycling, and scour the production areas.
This â€śsuperâ€? department comprises our finance and human resources departments. The finance department handles the accounts receivable and payable functions for the business as well as cost management, financial forecasting and analysis. The Director of Human Resources oversees personnel matters, including management of employee benefits and payroll preparation, and acts as part of the training team for Collegetown Bagels.
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage
- Dental insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Profit share
- Paid benefit time
- Employee discount
Collegetown Bagels, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.